This section contains working papers published by members of the Globalization of Real Estate Network.
Network members are kindly invited to submit working papers to be issued in the network’s discussion paper series.
- Christiane Kneer and Alexander Raabe (June 2019), Tracking Foreign Capital: The Effect of Capital Inflows on Bank Lending in the UK
Working Paper No. 1 (PDF, 796 KB)
- Volker Grossmann, Benjamin Larin, Hans Torben Löfflad and Thomas Steger (May 2019), Distributional Effects of Surging Housing Costs under Schwabe's Law
Working Paper No. 2 (PDF, 712 KB)
- Siying Jia (August 2019), Supervision of and Response to China’s Real Estate Bubble: The Effects of the Loan-to-Value Ratio Policy
Working Paper No. 3 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Peter Bednarek, Daniel Marcel te Kaat, Chang Ma and Alessandro Rebucci (October 2019), Capital Flows, Real Estate, and Local Cycles: Evidence from German Cities, Banks, and Firms
Working Paper No. 4 (PDF, 729 KB)
- Daniel Fehrle and Christopher Heiberger (March 2020), The return on everything and the business cycle in production economies
Working Paper No. 5 (PDF, 505 KB)
- Christian A. L. Hilber and Olivier Schöni (May 2020), On the Economic Impacts of Constraining Second Home Investments
Working Paper No. 6 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Torsten Ehlers, Mathias Hoffmann and Alexander Raabe (October 2020), Non-US global banks and dollar (co-)dependence: how housing markets became internationally synchronized
Working Paper No. 7 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Christian A. L. Hilber and Andreas Mense (January 2021), Why have house prices risen so much more than rents in superstar cities?
Working Paper No. 8 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Steffen Andersen, Cristian Badarinza, Lu Liu, Julie Marx and Tarun Ramadorai (January 2021), Reference Dependence in the Housing Market
Working Paper No. 9 (PDF, 4 MB)
- Christoph Basten and Steven Ongena (June 2021), Mortgage Lending through a FinTech Web Platform. The Roles of Competition, Diversification, and Automation.
Working Paper No. 10 (PDF, 2 MB)